Mar 17, 2007

Validating Moment #1 - Intellectual/Emotional

In an attempt to begin appreciating the little things in life (in other words curb the appetite of my perfectionism - I suspect a little of that lies within most of us), I have decided to begin a "Validating Moments" series - posts that purely document accomplishments and/or contribute to the wellbeing of well, me and perhaps some close friends!

I had lunch with a former graduate student who is currently back to finish her thesis work. She recently visited with Dr. Swan and asked for a copy of thesis project so she could get a general idea of formatting and what-have-you. The validating moment lies with in Dr. Swan's candid suggestion to take my thesis because "she did a really good job with it."

Thanks for the props Dr. Swan (and thanks to you Janelle for sharing the story), but can either of you please tell me when our publication notice will end up in my inbox? Wait...I did say I was going to enjoy the little things in life - transcribed into "Lyndsi" that also means 'enjoy specific moments, anticipating the future....not so much.'

For those of you who did not know me during the thesis (research....but mostly writing) process, that might be OK. Im a much more stable person now and probably nicer too (who am I trying to kid). Contrary to what most think, the project was far greater than playing Dance Dance Revolution with participants for four months.


In full disclosure, I really enjoyed the research - the writing on the other hand was perhaps one of the most challenging feats in my life to date however (yes, Im sure...and hope that more demanding triumphs lie on the path ahead).


To the future - Can I say that?

No comments: